BBVA Microfinance Foundation
The BBVA Microfinance Foundation provides financial and non-financial services to vulnerable entrepreneurs to help them develop their productive activities and contribute to a sustainable and inclusive economy. Created in 2007 by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, it is legally independent from the Bank and operates on a non-profit basis, reinvesting its profits in its operations.
Working in partnership with several entities on the ground, the Foundation wanted to share some of its analytical tools with its microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Latin America, but could not do so with its existing infrastructure. It needed a cloud-based solution, so it turned to Google Cloud Platform:
- Reduce costs while boosting efficiency.
- Enable microfinance institutions in Latin America to access the BI tool.
How did we help the Foundation get what they wanted?
We conducted a proof of concept (PoC) showing how the BI solution would look like in GCP.
We brought its architecture to Google Compute Engine, so the Foundation could add as many servers as it needed.
We implemented the use of Google Stackdriver and Google Virtual Private Cloud to monitor and manage the platform with little effort.
At Nubalia we want to be close to you when you need your company or institution to grow in theory and in practice.
What has the BBVA Microfinance Foundation achieved with Google Cloud?
- Fast transition with minimal disruption thanks to the migration capabilities offered by Google Cloud Platform.
- Cost reduction and efficient scaling with a cloud-based architecture.
- More control over the infrastructure than the previous hosted solution, without the need for detailed DevOps knowledge.
“With GCP there are no hardware limitations on bandwidth. It allows us to develop new tools and go into production much faster than before.”Joao Costa, Chief Technology Officer of the Foundation